Health and Well-being Presentations titled: Movement is Medicine
This 6 part series will be presented, online and face-to-face, once a month from July to December 2022. We will be discussing the management and prevention of lifestyle and chronic medical conditions through the prescription of movement as a medicine. These talks will take place on a Monday evening from 18:00-19:00 for all who may be interested in living longer, healthier and happier lives.
These presentations are directed at improving public knowledge and understanding of many medical conditions and how we use movement in their prevention and treatment.
Our July presentation will take place on Monday 25-07-22 at 18:00 and we will be discussing the topic: Prevention and Management of Osteoporosis – Strong Bones
Future dates and topics include:
- 22-08-22 - Cardiovascular Risk Factor Management – Love (with all) your Heart
- 26-09-22 - Diabetes Management through Movement – Burning Fuel
- 24-10-22 - Stroke Prevention and Management – Under Pressure
- 28-11-22 - Management of muscle and joint injuries - The Aches and Pains
- 12-12-22 - How best to stay active in our later years – Ageing Gracefully